Sunday, June 28, 2009

Art or Science?

Today's business entrepreneurs must combine many skills: managment, creativity, time management, and people skills. Not an easy task for a small business owner who may find there are never enough hours in the day to complete everything (s)he would like to do.

Everything starts with an idea and then the successes come when the idea is developed into a plan. Business plan, marketing plan, succession plan, financial plan... I enjoy the fun of business, with all the warts and imperfections. This blog will be my sounding board for business ideas, suggestions, tips and questions. I will share what information I have and I will ask for help from my readers.

Is business an art, something that is unique and beautiful, or a science driven by logic and solutions? Or a little of both. I suggest to you that the huge success stories come from the people who dare to combine both the artistic and the science, the emotion and the logic and the attention to today's details and tomorrow's aspirations.

No comments: