Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pieces

Yesterday morning I finally dragged out the bits of material, cut the funny little shapes and handsewed the first, of what I hope will be several, quilting projects. The ideas for designs and shapes and colours tumble around in my mind and sneek out when I am not paying attention. I will be driving to work and realize that I am thinking about the combination of colours that would make an interesting quilted insert on the front of a knee length vest. I have several ideas for wearable art and as the designs finalize themselves in my jumbled mind the job of actually creating these items will become easier...at least that is the theory.

We made the opportunity to visit the craft centre in the Hostel building in Port Mouton yesterday afternoon. Interesting place. Some of the work is beautiful, some not so much. They were holding a bake sale and they have used books for sale and they have an indoor flea market. A jumble of new and used, unique and common, bargains and valuables. We were invited to buy tickets on a quilt made to assist with the finances of the centre. The draw will take place just prior to the season's close in December.

Pleasant activities for a cold rainy Saturday.

No comments: