Friday, September 11, 2009

Use the senses... all of them!



Last weekend we had the chance to visit the show and shine presented by the fire department in Westville. Over 180 old cars and vehicles on display...wow.

Maybe not art but certainly beautiful in their own way. We enjoyed the day and enjoyed visiting with a school chum of my husband. A peaceful, relaxing weekend. Something we don't try to get enough of...peace, good friends and enjoyment. Hurry, hurry and then the day/week/month is gone. Where did the time go?

The creative side of me speaks loudly and is telling me to slow down and enjoy. Smell the roses and see the colours and the textures and the shapes. The artist knows the importance of using all the senses and absorbing the surroundings...something that the rest of us sometimes forget.

I think I may be taking in another car show this weekend...there are at least two scheduled that I know about. Stay tuned...maybe more pictures next week.

No comments: