Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let the Quilting Begin

I have been on a buying binge...for fabrics for two quilting projects. I am so enjoying the matching of colours and textures, the design of the shapes and sizes and visualizing the finished project. That's right I am designing my projects. Let's not make this easy, like following a pattern that you know works and fits together. Let's go for the challenge of starting with a blank piece of paper.

I had the chance to visit a wonderful shop that sells quilting fabrics as well as finished quilts. They have their own original designs and the standard tried and true patterns that have been around for generations. What a wonderful place to spend a week, expensive for me to be there that long though. The shop of course is Shuttles and Seawinds in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. They have a website and sell quilts and quilted products online and ship throughout the world. Great place, highly recommended for anyone in the area, or wanting to see some truly original designs. One full sized quilt is actually a map of Canada, bright, colourful and beautiful.

I am looking forward to a quiet hour or two to start my projects. Hard to get motivated with temperatures in the mid 30's (mid to high 90's for our US neighbours.

No comments: